The Waitrose Foundation Educational Program uses CAMI computer software to help promote learning among Waitrose Foundation member farm school children.The CAMI Edu Suite is a collection of programs that includes Maths, a Perceptual Skills Builder as well as a Reading and a Language System.
The project started on 16th February 2012 with 2 pilot sites. There are now 37 centres running successfully, Western Cape, 28 in Eastern Cape, 2 in Northern Cape, 5 and 2 in Limpopo.
New Centres in 2015
- 26 Primary and high school learners will receive support for homework and follow a planned Educational programme
- Mon Don
- New centre for 33 children.
- Rooipad Farming
- Offers a safe place where children receive assistance with homework and participate in the Computer Aided Maths and Literacy Programme following a planned timetable. Homework supervision and art activities are included in the programme.
- Karsten Northern Cape: Roepertsfontein
- 25 children from the 2 farms attends the aftercare facility. The programs combine academic, enrichment, cultural, and recreational activities, through theme-based activities. Children are already exposed to iPad and the Big Boet programme. May 2015 – 8 computers were added to the facility.