Theme: Parenting and Education
- All delegates were well-prepared with their power-point presentations, posters and other material for display. This gives evidence of the preparation and support received on the respective farms.
- New Foundation members were well represented, confirming the interest farms have in the programmes of the Foundation as well as its commitment to the partnership.
- The most common focus of the individual farm presentations revolved around education.
- A presentation that caught the attention of many is the Permaculture Project of Sun Citrus.
Feedback from Delegates:
- The theme of ‘Parenting and Education’ was relevant as it is a current focus and need on many farms.
- The presentation and input of Jenny Bridgeman, Overberg District Official of the Department of Education, Western Cape, was appreciated and valued.
- Many delegates requested more time to explore interesting/relevant projects of different farms through in-depth discussions.
- Some delegates reported that presentations on Health and Economic Empowerment projects were educational and helpful.