- Zwartbooisberg crèche and After School Programme – The centre delivers early childhood development services to 16 pre-school children and provide educational support to 23 primary and high school children. The centre uses CAMI Educational Programme to further enhance learning.
- Zwartbooisberg sport and recreational programme – The projects aim to provide social alternatives to 44 farm workers and 39 children to address the lack of constructive leisure time activities.
- ABET Training – An average of 50% of workers on Zwartbooisberg Farm are not able to write their on name and surname. It is impossible for them to help their children with any school work because most of the parents cannot read or write. ABET offers them the opportunity to train and uplift themselves to become part of a well educated nation.
- Soccer Field upgrade – Management wants to develop a soccer field for the workers on the farm. The ground is already developed but there is a need for an irrigation system and grass. Players need the right clothes and equipment. Soccer is the most important sport in the Orange River area. It will give the families something to look forward to over weekends and help them to be involved in positive activities instead of drinking alcohol and neglecting their families and children. soccer also motivates them to be part of a team and to work together.
- Worker Committee Training – The committee on the farm plays an important role in the community, but if it is effective. A one-day learning programme can help the committee to structure themselves and to become aware of their responsibilities.
- Life Skills Development – Zwartbooisberg farm workers have the need to develop basic life skills to help them cope with daily problems. This project will teach farm workers how to solve and deal with problems in their homes, workplace and social area. For some of the skills, qualified staff will do the training on the farm and for other skills, Zwartbooisberg will send some of the workers for training at the National Training Institute (NTI). This will ensure that there is always a qualified instructor on the farm to help the workers when required.
- Soccer and Netball Tournament – The project aims to encourage and support involvement of farm workers in sporting activities. The two soccer and netball teams of the farm will participate in the annual soccer and netball tournament. the farm has been identified as the host. The planning and organising of this event will add value to the worker committee’s skills.